Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Reading mode ON!

“When we read a story, we inhabit it. The covers of the book are
 like a roof and four walls. What is to happen next 
will take place within the four walls of the story.
 And this is possible because the story's voice makes 
everything its own.” ― John Berger





After Kyle's first birthday party, my younger brother and I met at Market!Market to buy his electric guitar. While waiting for him, I happened to pass by the Book Sale and found these books on a very cheap price. Reading books may it be inspirational, thriller, love stories and  anything that could catch my interest is one of my past times. Bob Ong, Nicholas Sparks, Mitch Albom, Cecelia Ahern, Christopher Pike are few of my favorite authors. But mind you, I do love reading books, but not text books. I don't know why. But back when I was studying, I wouldn't read my text book unless required. 

As I was browsing the shelves, these three caught my attention. Paulo Coelho was not on sale. Nor Mitch Albom and Nicholas Sparks. I read one of James Patterson's heartbreaking Suzannes Diary for Nicholas and I thought that Sam's Letter to Jennifer is a good one too. Hope to read them all eventually. =0)


Books on Sale!

As of the moment, I am finishing Bo Shanchez's My Maid Invests in the Stock Market which my friend Lanie   lent me. I am a fan of Bo's and this book is really helpful and informative. 


Now reading...


E-books are now in trend. My head aches badly whenever I read them in PC, tablet or smartphones. I have 50 Shades of Grey Series, some novels from Jude Deveraux and The Perks of Being A Wall Flower in my phone. I am halfway the second book of Mr. Grey ---50 Shades darker and still on Chapter 1 of Perks. Nothing beats reading a real book. Ah yeah, I can just print them anyway. I tried it but I still want a real book. I hope someone will be generous enough to give me a copy of those so I can finish them and add them to my collection. :)


now playing: brighter than sunshine - aqualung - ♩♪ I never saw it happening. I'd given up and given in. I just couldn't take the hurt again. What a feeling...♩♪

No comments:

Post a Comment